Some people think that governments should do more to make their citizens
eat a healthy diet. Others, however, believe that individuals must take
responsibility for their own diet and health. Discuss both these views
and give your own opinion. 
- According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from
diseases linked to smoking.
- The latest surveys show that quite a few children have
unpleasant associations with homework.
- No invention has received more praise and abuse than
- People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education
does not end with graduation.
- An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that
education is not complete with graduation.
- When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that
education is a lifetime study.
- Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes
directly to a person's physical fitness.
- Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign
tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local
environment and history from the harmful effects of
- An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert
positive effects on construction of city. However, this opinion is
now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain
that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and
- Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city
that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is
usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
- There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely
serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to
deal with it.
- An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a
favorable attitude toward retirement.
- A proper part-time job does not occupy students' too much time.
In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their
study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull
- Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy
- Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere
mention of the coming life of high school or college they will
begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant
experience on their first day on campus.
- In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures
should be taken before things get worse.
- The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide
them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills,
which may put them in a favorable position in the future job
- It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still
have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and
- Although this view is wildly held, this is little evidence that
education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
- No one can deny the fact that a person's education is the most
important aspect of his life.
- People equate success in life with the ability of operating
- In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it
possible for people to live longer than in the past.
- In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is
as important as life itself.
- We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
- People believe that computer skills will enhance their job
opportunities or promotion opportunities.
- The information I've collected over last few years leads me to
believe that this knowledge may be less useful than most people
- Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can
educate its students by the time they graduation.
- This is a matter of life and death--a matter no country can
afford to ignore.
- For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following
- Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the
arguments on both sides.
- This view is now being questioned by more and more people.
- Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economic
development, the number of people who use bicycle are decreasing and
bicycle is bound to die out. The information I've collected over
the recent years leads me to believe that bicycle will continue to
play extremely important roles in modern society.
- Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only
causes serious problems such as global warming but also could
threaten to end human life on our planet.
- In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of
transportation like bicycle are more important than any time
- Using bicycle contributes greatly to people's physical fitness as
well as easing traffic jams.
- Despite many obvious advantages of bicycle, it is not without its
- Bicycle can't be compared with other means of transportation like
car and train for speed and comfort.
- From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the
conclusion that advantages of bicycle far outweigh its
disadvantages and it will still play essential roles in modern
- There is a general discussion these days over education in many
colleges and institutes. One of the questions under debate is
whether education is a lifetime study.
- This issue has caused wide public concern.
- It must be noted that learning must be done by a person
- A large number of people tend to live under the illusion that
they had completed their education when they finished their
schooling. Obviously, they seem to fail to take into account the
basic fact that a person's education is a most important aspect of
- As for me, I'm in favor of the opinion that education is not
complete with graduation, for the following reasons:
- It is commonly accepted that no college or university can
educate its students by the time they graduate.
- Even the best possible graduate needs to continue learning before
she or he becomes an
- It is commonly thought that our society had dramatically changed by
modern science and technology, and human had made extraordinary
progress in knowledge and technology over the recent decades.
- Now people in growing numbers are beginning to believe that learning
new skills and knowledge contributes directly to enhancing their job
opportunities or promotion opportunities.
- An investigation shows that many older people express a strong
desire to continue studying in university or college.
- For the majority of people, reading or learning a new skill has
become the focus of their lives and the source of their
happiness and contentment after their retirement.
- For people who want to adopt a healthy and meaningful life
style, it is important to find time to learn certain new
knowledge. Just as an old saying goes: it is never too late to
- There is a general debate on the campus today over the phenomenon
of college or high school students' doing a part-time job.
- By taking a major-related part-job, students can not only improve
their academic studies, but gain much experience, experience they
will never be able to get from the textbooks.
- Although people’s lives have been dramatically changed over the last
decades, it must be admitted that, shortage of funds is still the
one of the biggest questions that students nowadays have to face
because that tuition fees and prices of books are soaring by the
- Consequently, the extra money obtained from part-time job will
strongly support students to continue to their study life.
- From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion
that part-time job can produce a far-reaching impact on students
and they should be encouraged to take part-time job, which will
benefit students and their family, even the society as a
- These days, people in growing numbers are beginning to complain that
work is more stressful and less leisurely than in past. Many experts
point out that, along with the development of modern society, it
is an inevitable result and there is no way to avoid it.
- It is widely acknowledged that computer and other machines have
become an indispensable part of our society, which make our life and
work more comfortable and less laborious.
- At the same time, along with the benefits of such machines,
employees must study knowledge involved in such machines so that
they are able to control them.
- No one can deny the basic fact that it is impossible for average
workers to master those high-technology skills easily. （that
average workers can master those high-technology skills easily.）
- In the second place, there seem to be too many people without
job and not enough job position.
- Millions of people have to spend more time and energy on studying
new skills and technology so that they can keep a favorable
position in job market.
- According to a recent survey, a growing number of people express a
strong desire to take another job or spend more time on their job in
order to get more money to support their family.
- From what has been discussed above, I am fully convinced that the
leisure life-style is undergoing a decline with the progress of
modern society, it is not necessary a bad thing.
- The problem of international tourism has caused wide public concern
over the recent years.
- Many people believe that international tourism produce positive
effects on economic growth and local government should be encouraged
to promote international tourism.
- But what these people fail to see is that international tourism may
bring about a disastrous impact on our environment and local
- As for me, I'm firmly convinced that the number of foreign tourists
should be limited, for the following reasons:
- In addition, in order to attract tourists, a lot of artificial
facilities have been built, which have certain unfavorable effects
on the environment.
- For lack of distinct culture, some places will not attract tourists
any more. Consequently, the fast rise in number of foreign tourists
may eventually lead to the decline of local tourism.
- There is a growing tendency for parents to ask their children to
accept extra educational programs over the recent years.
- This phenomenon has caused wide public concern in many places of
- Many parents believe that additional educational activities enjoy
obvious advantage. By
extra studies, they maintain, their children are able to obtain many
kinds of practical skills and useful knowledge, which will put them
in a beneficial position in the future job markets when they grow
- In the first place, extra studies bring about unhealthy impacts on
physical growth of children. Educational experts point out that, it
is equally important to take some sport activities instead of extra
studies when children have spent the whole day in a boring
- Children are undergoing fast physical development; lack of physical
exercise may produce disastrous influence on their later life.
- In the second place, from psychological aspect, the majority of
children seem to tend to have an unfavorable attitude toward
additional educational activities.
- It is hard to imagine a student focusing their energy on textbook
while other children are playing.
- Moreover, children will have less time to play and communicate with
their peers due to extra studies, consequently, it is difficult to
develop and cultivate their character and interpersonal skills. They
may become more solitary and even suffer from certain mental
- From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the
conclusion that, although extra studies indeed enjoy many obvious
advantages, its disadvantages shouldn't be ignored and far outweigh
its advantages. It is absurd to force children to take extra studies
- Any parents should place considerable emphasis on their children to
keep the balance between play and study. As an old saying goes: All
work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
- There is a growing tendency for parent these days to stay at home to
look after their children instead of returning to work earlier.
- Parents are firmly convinced that, to send their child to
kindergartens or nursery schools will have an unfavorable influence
on the growth of children.
- However, this idea is now being questioned by more and more experts,
who point out that it is unhealthy for children who always stay with
their parents at home.
- Although parent would be able to devote much more time and energy to
their children, it must be admitted that, parent has less experience
and knowledge about how to educate and supervise children, when
compared with professional teachers working in kindergartens or
- From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion
that, although the parents' desire to look after children by
themselves is understandable, its disadvantages far outweigh the
- Parents should be encouraged to send their children to nursery
schools, which will bring about profound impacts on children and
families, and even the society as a whole.
- Many leaders of government always go into raptures at the mere
mention of artistic and cultural projects. They are forever talking
about the nice parks, the smart sculptures in central city and the
art galleries with various valuable rarities. Nothing, they
maintain, is more essential than such projects in the economic
- But is it really the case? The information I've collected over
last few years leads me to believe that artistic and cultural
projects may be less useful than many governments think. In fact,
basic infrastructure projects are playing extremely important role
and should be given priority
- Those who are in favor of artistic and cultural projects advocate
that cultural environment will attract more tourists, which will
bring huge profits to local residents. Some people even equate the
build of such projects with the improving of economic construction
- Unfortunately, there is very few evidence that big companies are
willing to invest a huge sums of money in a place without
sufficient basic projects, such as supplies of electricity and
- From what has been discussed above, it would be reasonable to
believe that basic projects play far more important role than
artistic and cultural projects in people's life and economic
- Those urban planners who are blind to this point will pay a heavy
price, which they cannot afford it
- There is a growing tendency these days for many people who live in
rural areas to come into and work in city. This problem has caused
wide public concern in most cities all over the world
- An investigation shows that many emigrants think that working at
city provide them with not only a higher salary but also the
opportunity of learning new skills
- It must be noted that improvement in agriculture seems to not be
able to catch up with the increase in population of rural areas and
there are millions of peasants who still live a miserable life and
have to face the dangers of exposure and starvation.
- Although rural emigrants contribute greatly to the economic growth
of the cities, they may inevitably bring about many negative
- Many sociologists point out that rural emigrants are putting
pressure on population control and social order; that they are
threatening to take already scarce city jobs; and that they have
worsened traffic and public health problems.
- It is suggested that governments ought to make efforts to reduce the
increasing gap between cities and countryside. They ought to set
aside an appropriate fund for improvement of the standard of
peasants' lives. They ought to invite some experts in agriculture to
share their experiences, information and knowledge with peasants,
which will contribute directly to the economic growth of rural
- In conclusion, we must take into account this problem rationally and
place more emphases on peasants' lives. Any government that is blind
to this point will pay a heavy price.
- Although many experts from universities and institutes consistently
maintain that it is an inevitable part of an independent life,
parents in growing numbers are starting to realize that people,
including teachers and experts in education, should pay considerable
attention to this problem.
- As for me, it is essential to know, at first, what kind of
problems young students possible would encounter on campus.
- In addition to the obvious problem--loneliness, another major
obstacle, in my opinion, is the alien environment of campus.
- Freshmen often get lost on campus; fail to find the way to
dormitory or library.
- Most important of all, apart from their hometown and parents,
students couldn't catch sight of any familiar face and have to
suffer from homelessness, which can cause certain serious mental
- In the first place, school authorities should provide far more
services to help freshmen to get used to the new life as soon as
- The senior and junior students could share their own experience
about how to overcome the difficulty they have ever met, how to
adjust to the new environment with the new students.
- At the same time, young people should be encouraged to communicate
with their peers and develop their interpersonal skills, which may
help them greatly to reduce dependence on their parents and are
essential in the maintenance of healthy mental condition.
- In conclusion, we must lay emphasis on this problem and make our
maximum contribution to help them spend their first day on campus
- There is a general discussion over fashion in recent years. One of
the questions under debate is whether a person should choose
comfortable clothes, which he or she likes, regardless of fashion.
- This issue is becoming a matter of concern for more and more
people, especially for parents and experts in education.
- Many young people always go into raptures at the merely mention of
buying fashion clothes. And they seem to be attracted by colorful
material, various styles of fashion clothes. There is nothing, they
maintain, that can't be compared with fashion clothes. In fact,
fashion clothes had become indispensable part of youngster's life.
- Many people seem to overlook the basic fact: the major function of
clothing is to keep us warm and comfortable.
- Furthermore, people who addict to fashion clothes have to spend
more time going shopping and pay more attention to the impression
they make on others. As a result, it is impossible to devote enough
time and energy in their study and job.
- No one can doubt the essential fact that the traffic problem over
the last years has caused wide public concern all over the world.
Experts in increasing numbers are beginning to believe that such
situation would produce unfavorable effects on economic growth of
- There are several reasons for this problem. One of the main reasons
is that the number of vehicles is increasing much more rapidly than
building of roads. Another primary reason is that there seem to be
too many private cars and not enough public buses.
- Meanwhile, the numbers of people, who have access to their own
cars, have risen sharply in the recent years.
- Moreover, many people, including drivers and cyclists, do not obey
the traffic rules properly, especially at busy intersections. And
this undoubtedly worsens the already grave situation.
- The number of private cars in urban areas should be limited while
the number of public buses should be increased.
- When asked what kind of school they are willing to send their
children to attend, many parents say they would choose a boarding
school rather than day schools for their children.
- Many survey show that people in increasing numbers are beginning to
recognize that boarding school provides better environment and
facilities for children.
- At the same time, there are still many people who live under the
traditional ideas that day schools play an extremely important role
in children's study.
- On the one hand, it is indisputable that boarding schools are
exerting a growing important effect, especially in last few years.
- Students attend a boarding school would cultivate their
independence as apart from their parents.
- What's more, living in school can save them a great deal of time on
the way between home and school everyday, so they would be able to
concentrate more time and energy on their academic work.
- On the other hand, the contribution of day schools can't be
- Due to high tuition fee, most of ordinary families cannot afford to
send their children to boarding schools.
- Since it is unnecessary to consider student's routine life, day
school can lay stress on teaching instead of other aspects, such as
management of dormitory and cafeteria.
- Furthermore, students living in their own home would have access to
a comfortable life and have more opportunities to communicate with
their parents, which have beneficial impact on development of their
- From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the
conclusion that both of day schools and boarding schools are
important to train young students for our society.
- There is much discussion over science and technology. One of the
questions under debate is whether traditional technology and methods
are bound to die out when a country begins to develop modern science
- As for me, the declining of traditional technology and methods is
not a bad thing; it is the natural result of progress of society.
- In the first place, some aspects of the traditional technology and
methods are harmful and hampering the development of modern
- Although modern science and technology have proved that such
methods are absurd, there are still millions of people use such
methods in many remote places nowadays.
- In the second place, many values of traditional technology are out
of date and should be replaced by modern science.
- Although many people tend to live under the illusion that
traditional technology and methods are still playing extremely
important role in people's life, an increasing evidences show that
it is less useful than many people think.
- From what has been discussed above, I firmly believe that time will
prove that traditional technology and methods would die out with the
development of modern science and technology. The maintenance of the
traditional technology and methods is futile.
- At the time when technology means ever more harmful carbon in the
air we breathe, we need these forests now more than ever.
- Nothing is more important than to receive education.
- We cannot emphasize the importance of protecting our eyes too
- There is no denying that the qualities of our living have gone from
bad to worse.
- It is universally acknowledged that trees are indispensable to
- There is no doubt that our educational system leaves something to
- An advantage of using the solar energy is that it won't create any
- The reason why we have to grow trees is that they can supply fresh
air for us.
- So precious is time that we can't afford to waste it.
- Rich as our country is, the qualities of our living are by no means
- The harder you work, the more progress you make.
- The more books we read, the more learned we become.
- To average people, they often tend to live under the illusion that
English often means a good opportunity for one's career, is this
really the case?
- By taking exercise, we can always stay healthy.
- Listening to music enables us to feel relaxed.
- On no account can we ignore the value of knowledge.
- It is time the authorities concerned took proper steps to solve the
- Those who violate traffic regulations should be punished.
- There is no one but longs to go to college.
- Since the examination is around the corner, I am compelled to give
up doing sports.
- It is conceivable that knowledge plays an important role in our
- Summer is sultry. That's the reason why I don't like it.
- The progress of the society is based on harmony.
- We should bring home to people the value of working hard.
- Taking exercise is closely related to health.
- We should get into the habit of keeping good hours.
- The condition of our traffic leaves much to be desired.
- Smoking has a great influence on our health.
- Reading does good to our mind.
- Overwork does harm to health.
- Pollution poses a great threat to our existence.
- We should do our best to achieve our goal in life.
- Weather a large family is a good thing or not is a very popular
topic, which is often talked about not only by city residents but by
farmers as well.
- As is known to all, fake and inferior commodities harm the
interests of consumers.
- Today an increasing number of people have realized that law
education is of great importance. In order to keep law and order,
every one of us is supposed to get a law education.
- From what I have mentioned above, we can see clearly that violence
on TV has great influence on youngsters' behavior.
- There are two reasons for the improvement in people's living
conditions. In the first place, we have been carrying out the reform
and opening-up policy. Secondly, there has been a rapid expansion of
our national economy. Furthermore, the birth rate has been put under
- My suggestions to deal with the problem are as follows. To begin
with, it is urgent to create nature reserves. Secondly, certain rare
wild animals that are going to be extinct should be collected, fed
and reproduced artificially. Finally, those who hunter them must be
- People differ in their attitudes towards failure. Faced with it,
some of them can stand up to it, draw useful lessons from it and try
hard to fulfill what they are determined to do. Others, however,
lose heart and give in.
- It is desirable to build more hospitals, shopping centers,
recreation centers, cinemas and other public facilities to meet the
growing needs of people.
- As a popular saying goes, "everything has two sides." Now the
public are benefiting more and more from scientific and
technological inventions. On the other hand, the progress of science
and technology is bringing us a lot of trouble. People in many
countries are suffering from public hazards.
- Let's take cars for example. They not only pollute the air in
cities, but make them crowded. Furthermore, they are responsible for
a lot of traffic accidents. The noise made by cars disturbs the
residents living on both sides of streets all day and night.
- It is generally believed that the chief reason for the increase in
population in developed countries is not so much the rise in birth
rates as the decline in death rates as a result of the improvement
in medical care.
- There is no doubt that the increase in demand caused the rise in
- Additional social stresses may also occur because of the population
explosion or problems arising from mass migration
movements-themselves made relatively easy nowadays by modern means
- With the opening and reform policy being carried out, thousands
upon thousands of foreign visitors are crowding into our country.
They are eager to see this old mysterious land with a splendid
culture of more than 5,000years.
- Tourism brings China a lot of benefits. First, it enables the
Chinese people to know more about the outside world and promotes
friendship and understanding. Second, it is financially beneficial
to China, which needs more foreign currencies for its modernization
- Tourism, however, gives rise to a number of problems. For instance,
it becomes a burden to inefficient transportation system.
- Besides, the living standard of the average Chinese is still not
high enough to be able to afford the many different sorts of
expensed during long distance travels.
- As for me, with the development of our national economy, all these
problems will certainly be solved step by step.
- A much better and brighter future awaits us.
- When an opportunity comes, it brings a promise but never realizes
it on its own.
- If you want to achieve something or intend to fulfill one of your
ambitions, you must work hard, make efforts and get prepared.
Otherwise, you will take no advantage of opportunities when they
come to visit you.
- The difference between a man who succeeds and one who does not lies
only in the way each treats opportunities. The successful person
always makes adequate preparations to meet opportunities as they
duly arrive. The unsuccessful person, on the other hand, works
little and just waits to see pass by.
- In my opinion, there are plenty of opportunities for everyone in
our society, but only those who are prepared adequately and
qualified highly can make use of them to achieve purpose.
- Anthropologists have discovered that fear, happiness, sadness, and
surprise are universally reflected in facial expressions.
- The greater the population there is in a locality, the greater the
need there is for water, transportation, and disposal of refuse.
- Long before children are able to speak or understand a language,
they communicate through facial expressions and by making noises.
- Children with parents whose guidance is firm, consistent, and
rational are inclined to possess high levels of self-confidence.
- Television, the most pervasive and persuasive of modern
technologies, marked by rapid change and growth, is moving into a
new era, an era of extraordinary sophistication and versatility,
which promises to reshape our lives and our world.
- Television is more than just an electronic appliance; it is a means
of expression, as well as a vehicle for communication, and as such
becomes a powerful tool for reaching other human beings.
- I am always amazed when I heard people saying that sport creates
goodwill between the nations, and that if only the common peoples of
the world could meet one another at football or cricket, they would
have no inclination to meet on the battlefield.
- One of the great early writers wrote that: Work is the grand cure
of all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind. If this is
true, then the present situation should make us wonder whether the
measure that the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of
50 is reasonable.
- "The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and
look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make
them." Such is the remark made by Bernard Shaw, a great writer. This
view has been shared now by more and more people.
- Adler is correct in this assertion that education does not end with
Some people believe that it is a good idea to continue to work at their
old age. Do you agree or disagree? 
Some groups of people have benefited from the modern communications
technology but some people have not benefited at all.Do you agree or
Vehicle free day means the private cars, trucks and motorcycles are
banned in city centres. Only the bus, bicycles and taxis are permitted
in the city center. Do you think the benefits outweigh the
Some people think that technology makes life complex, so we should not
make our life simpler without using the technology. To what extent do
you agree or disagree?
The best way for government to solve the traffic congestion problems in
cities is to provide free transport 24 hours a day, 7days a week. To
what extent do you agree or disagree?
Children can learn effectively from watching television. Therefore
children should be encouraged to watch television regularly both at home
and at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Government funding should only be provided for the best students as
scholarships. Other funding of university should come from student fees
and private organizations. To what extent do you agree or
In some countries the widespread use of internet has given people more
freedom to work or study at home instead of traveling to work or
colleges. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? 
In modern society, ambition is more and more important. How important is
ambition for being successful in life? Is it positive or
Some people want government to spend money on life on other planets,
however, others think it is a wast of public money when the earth has so
many problems. Discuss these two views and give your own
People can live and work anywhere they want to choose, because of
improved communication technology and transport, do the advantages of
this development outweigh disadvantages? 
Online shopping is replacing shopping in stores. Is it a positive or
negative development? 
In some countries, it's possible to buy a wide variety of foods
transported from other countries. To what extent the benefits outweigh
Some people think young people are not suitable for important positions
in the government .While other people think it is a good idea for young
people to take on these positions. Discuss both views and give your own
Some people think education is to prepare individuals useful for
society, while some people think education is for preparing individuals
to achieve personal ambitions. Dissuss both opinions and give your
An increasing people change their career and place of residence several
times during their lives. Is it a positive or negative development?
The government should control the amount of violence in films and on
television order to decrease the level of violent crime in society. To
what extent do you agree or disagree?
Advertising has many positive economic effects, but it also has some
negative effects to the society, because it will make people feel
dissatisfied about who they are and what they have.
Art classes, like painting and drawing, are not as important as other
subjects, so some people think that it should not be a compulsory
subject at high school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Full-time university students should spend a lot of time in studying,
but it is essential to be involved in other activities. To what extend
do you agree or disagree? 
Some people think that "vertical "City is the best, where people live
and work in tall buildings. Others think that "horizontal" City is
better, where there is few tall buildings. Discuss both views and give
In the past, people lived in the same place in their life. However, it
is common that now people change their place where they live several
times during their life. What are the reasons for this? Is it a positive
or negative development?
Living in big cities is bad for people's health. To what extent do you
agree or disagree?
Students in university should be specialize in one subject rather than
to develop a wider range of many different subjects. To what extent do
you agree or disagree with this statement.
Detailed description of crimes on newspaper and TV can have bad
consequences on society, so this kind of information should be
restricted on media. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this
In many countries, people decide to have children at a later age than in
the past. Why? Do advantages of this development outweigh
Some young people commit serious crimes,such as robbery or violent
attacks,some people think they should be punished in the same way as
adults.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Many young people leave school with a negative attitude towards
learning. What are the reasons?How can we encourage young people to
More attention is paid to being "responsible tourists" in order to
preserve the cultural and environmental aspects of tourist
places.However,some people think it is impossible to be a "responsible
tourist" in the society.To what extant do you agree or disagree?
It is not necessary to travel to other places to learn about culture and
people, because people can learn from books, films or the Internet. To
what extent do you agree or disagree? 
In the past, people store knowledge in the books. Nowadays people store
knowledge on the internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the
In many cities, planners build shops, schools, offices and homes in
specific areas which may be separated from each other.Do you think the
advantages outweigh disadvantages?
Some people believe that a country can benefit a lot from university
education. Others believe that sending a large number of young students
to go to university leads to unemployment.Discuss both views and give
your own opinion.
Some people think governments should spend money on measures to save
languages with few speakers from dying out completely. Others think this
is a waste of financial resources. Discuss both views and give your
In many parts of the world children now are given more freedom than they
used to have.Do you think it is a positive or negative
Children find it difficult to concentrate on or pay attention to their
study in school. What are the reasons? How can we solve this
Some people say job satisfaction is more important than job security,
others think people cannot always enjoy their jobs. So having a
permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your own
In recent years, the pressure of students is increasing. They are pushed
to work hard at very young age. Do you think it’s a positive or negative
Some people think that any money spent by the government in supporting
artiest (such as painters, musicians and writers) is better than other
more important things. To what extant do you agree or disagree? 
Some people think that university should not provide theoretical
knowledge because universities should focus on practical subjects. To
what extent do you agree or disagree?